Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas is a great weeknight meal. When you have some extra fried chicken, enchiladas are great. These creamy enchiladas aren’t too spicy, so for the entire family, they’re great.
For your dinner, these chicken enchiladas with cream cheese would be great. In very little time, you can whip these up, and they taste amazing. Better still they are also excellent at reheating. So, this could be the best option for you if you need to prepare a meal ahead of time.
• 10 flour tortillas, I used 8“ tortillas.
• 1 medium Pkg.Of cream cheese, let it soften at room temperature.
• 2 small cans.Of .4 oz.Of green chiles
• 3 C.Of cooked chicken, shred it before using.
• 2 C.Of Mexican MIX cheese, grated.
• 2 C.Of chicken broth, I used the low sodium version.
• 4 T.Of unsalted butter.
• 3 T.Of all-purpose flour.
• 1 small lime juice.
• 1 t.Of cumin.
• 1/2 t.Of chili powder.
• 1/2 t.Of Kosher salt.
• 1/2 t.Of freshly ground pepper.
• For garnish: Fresh cilantro.
• Step 1- Gently grease a 9.13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Step 2- In a mixing bowl, whisk together half of the cream cheese, shredded chicken, 1 cup.Of cheese, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder, and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
• Step 3- Then, take a tortilla and fill the chicken mixture with 3 tablespoons, then put the seam side down in the baking dish. For the leftover tortillas and filling, repeat the same step.
• Step 4- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan, then whisk in the flour and cook until browned, around 2 to 3 minutes.
• Step 5- Now make sure to season with salt and pepper, then steadily whisk in the green chiles and chicken broth. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cream cheese afterward and cook until thickened, around 7 mins.
• Step 6- Remove from the heat immediately and add the green chili sauce over the enchiladas.
• Step 7-And top it up with the remaining cheese.
• Step 8- If done, put the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until the cheese and filling are melted and bubbly.
• Step 9- Broil for about 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned.
• Step 10- Take It off from the oven and enable it to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Step 11- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
HAVE A GOOD DAY!!